David R. Uhlmann, CFP®, MSF, APMA®, AAMS®
With over $40 million under advisement, Synergos partners with clients who prefer to manage their own finances, but who want to feel confident they are on the right track. Synergos provides the planning, guidance and education they need so they can make informed decisions.
As for me, I enjoy working with people, numbers and technology. Being a financial planner allows me the pleasure of working with all three. As a financial planner over the past 15 years, I have leveraged my diverse experiences and background in finance to help a number of entrepreneurs, business owners, executives, technologists and researchers achieve the quality of life they aspired to.
Allow me to do the same for you.
What We Do
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Strategies
- Roth 401(K) and IRA Conversion Strategies
- Investment Management and Investment Management Advice
- ISO, NSO, RS/RSU Tax Planning
- Cash Flow Management
- College Education Planning
- Risk Management Strategies
- Estate Planning Strategies
Who We Help
- Technologists, engineers and researchers
- Entrepreneurs, executives, and mid-level managers
How We Work Together
- Intuitive onboarding process designed to guide you through the planning process at your pace
- Advice to optimize your finances and provide you with a roadmap to achieving your aspirations
- Access to collaborative planning tools giving you real-time financial snapshots
- Flat monthly fees for financial planning and investment management with add-on options for tax planning, tax preparation, and estate planning
- CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ Practitioner
- AAMS® Accredited Asset Management Specialist℠
- APMA® Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law
- Master of Science, Finance, Golden Gate University
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and International Relations, University of California, Davis
- Financial Advisor and Franchisee, Ameriprise, 2011 - 2019
- Financial Advisor, Edward Jones, 2007 – 2011
- President/Founder, Photon Power, 2005 – 2006
- Director, Global Support Desk, Morgan Stanley Capital International and Barra Inc., 1995 -2004
- NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
- Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
- FPA-Registered Financial Advisor
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is a leading membership organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and those engaged in the financial planning process.
- Fee Only Network
FeeOnlyNetwork.com works for the greater good of the industry by amplifying the messages of the organizations that champion the fee-only advisor and fiduciary standard. Working with Registered Investment Advisors who meet NAPFA’s strict education, compensation and ethics standards is the best way to receive true fiduciary care.